Thursday, February 23, 2017

Frozen Cooked Chicken

I just saw this idea and can't believe I haven't been doing it all along - cook boneless chicken breasts, chop up and freeze, then have cooked chicken available whenever you want it for salads or whatever. Simple and a really good idea.

I just boiled the chicken in a little water, poultry seasoning, pepper, and a handful of herbs (chives and thyme that I had in the fridge and needed to be used up) until the chicken was cooked thru. Let it cool, cut up into bite sized pieces, and freeze. I put the pieces on a paper plate in a single layer and put in the freezer for a few minutes until just frozen and then transferred to small baggies in case the chicken pieces stick together. Freezing them individually first should help to avoid them clumping together after frozen. When you are ready to use it just take out the amount you want and let it thaw for a bit and it's ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment