Wednesday, February 22, 2017

White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies

Kenny at the photo store (Pauls Photo) was super helpful to me the other day so I told him I'd bake him some cookies, what's his favorite? He said anything, to just surprise him...but I persisted and got him to pick macadamia. I've never made macadamia cookies so yay, in addition to thanking him with cookies I was also able to experiment with a new recipe. I'm very happy to report that I picked this Betty Crocker recipe I found online and it worked great - these are so good! They taste like a chocolate chip cookie with little crunchy bits of macadamia in them, yum. Great choice Kenny :)





Ingredients: 


1 C. packed brown sugar
1/2 C. granulated sugar
1/2 C. butter, softened
1/2 C. shortening
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
2 1/4 C. all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 ounces white baking bars (white chocolate) cut into 1/4" to 1/2" chunks
3 1/2 ounces macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped 

Directions:

1. Heat oven to 350'. Beat sugars, butter, shortening, vanilla and egg in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, or mix with spoon. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt (dough will be stiff). Stir in white baking bar chunks and nuts. 

2. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto engrossed cookie sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until light brown. Cool 1 to 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.  

my notes: Dave went to the store for the white chocolate baking bar and nuts, it took a few phone calls for him to figure out what to get haha so we ended up with white chocolate chips instead of the bar which I think worked just fine! And I used my small cookie scoop instead of dropping by tablespoons. click here for the original Betty Crocker post. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh men at the grocery store! You are lucky he calls! Sometimes mine does and than does not because he gets frustrated and will just get anything or nothing at all. LOL!!! The cookies look really good!

    ReplyDelete