Monday, February 27, 2017

Beaded Bauble Ring

St. Patrick's Day is right around the corner - heart stuff from Valentine's Day is put away and now it's time for all things green, shamrocked, and lucky :)

Was inspired by a green beaded ring I saw here, mine is way different of course but that's what I think crafting and inspiration should be...get ideas and then make them your own! Plus I didn't have the inspiration picture or directions with me when playing in the craft room and I just winged it hahaha.

This is super simple - twist some sort of heavy weight jewelry wire around something that is the size of the ring you want. (Remember when Janis and I tried to make wire wrapped rings, click here for that post, and they didn't turn out so good? Well I bought a ring sizer tool thing back then so I used that for this ring). I used 20 gauge copper wire for this ring since that's what I have on hand. Wrap the wire around a few times, I did 8 or 9, beginning and ending at the same place. Twist the two ends around to hold, thread a bead on each end and then loop the wire ends under the beads so they don't poke you and you can't see them. Then take a long piece of thinner gauge wire, wrap one end in between the two beads to hold it, string a couple beads on and wrap around wherever looks good to you. Make sure the beads stay on the top of the ring and aren't underneath the band, and don't pull too tight or the ring will get smaller. Keep wrapping and adding a couple beads at a time until it looks how you want, cut off the wire you aren't using and twist the end around and underneath the beads so it doesn't poke you and you can't see it - that's sort of a no-brainer I know, why would you leave the ends sticking up or out to poke yourself? Just start wrapping and these instructions will make sense I think! Give me a holler if you can't figure out what I did and need some help :)

I used green beads so I'll have green jewelry for St. Paddy's Day, make yours whatever color you want!

wrap wire around something that's the size you want the ring, then twist the ends around each other to hold

put a bead on each end and then wrap the end under the bead to hide it and hold the bead in place. 

wrap thinner wire between the two beads, add a couple beads and continue wrapping around the ring placing the beads where they look best. don't pull too tight or the ring will get smaller. 


side view


what the back looks like...obviously ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment