Thursday, June 23, 2016

First day at Goodwood

Woke up to a big ole thunderstorm in this cute country lodge and would have been perfectly happy to read and lounge all day! But we have things to do and places to be so...

First stop was the Goodwood hangar and airstrip located right on the grounds of Lord March's estate (the Rolls Royce factory is also here, and a 3 mile race track, horse paddock, restaurant, etc - the place is humongous). There were probably 50 people there with our group, 8 guys (including Dave) got rides in old Mustang and Spitfire war planes - so cool! At first I thought there would be absolutely no way I'd want to do that but then after they took off I changed my mind and wished I could have gone. And then they got back and said they weren't able to do any "arobatics" like barrel rolls because of the weather - as soon as I heard there was the possibility of doing arobatics I reversed to my original position, no way do I want a ride in one haha!!

The rest of the afternoon was free time - we ate lunch on the property at the "tower" (I had fresh locally made Brie cheese and cranberries on baguette - they asked if I wanted it on "white or brown" - and someone else at the table had a "jacket potato with various fillings" which was a stuffed baked potato with chicken salad on top). Yum.

Here's a couple pics from the morning:






No comments:

Post a Comment