Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Roasted Garbanzo Beans


I roast just about everything - asparagus, green beans, broccoli, carrots, cherry tomatoes (click here to see that post, so good)...you name it I've probably tried to roast it. One thing I really love to roast is canned garbanzo beans - have you tried them? Great to add to a salad (it's especially good in my almost Greek salad, click here for that recipe), serve as a side dish with chicken or pork, or eat plain as a snack - they get crunchy and remind me of popcorn. They really remind me of popcorn if you turn up the oven too high and they start exploding and popping in the oven! For real, be careful opening the oven door if you hear them start popping - they'll fly around just like air-popped popcorn!


Rinse well and drain a can of garbanzo beans. Spread out in a single layer on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with coarse salt. Put in the oven 350'-400' (I usually start high and if they start popping I turn the oven down) and let them roast until they are done to your liking. Sometimes I just do them for a few minutes so they are hot but not too crunchy, other times I leave them in longer...and sometimes I forget they're in there and they get really really crunchy and those are good too! Just experiment to see how you prefer them - they taste much different after roasting them.

No comments:

Post a Comment