Saturday, June 4, 2016

Whiskey Sour "Lite"

I found this recipe for whiskey sours made with Crystal Light so it saves some calories - that counts for my new healthier category, right? HA! Not sure about that...


I really like these, but I'll warn you that they are really sour. Everyone else who tried them didn't enjoy how sour they are but I like sweet/tart so they are fine with me. The recipe calls for 3/4 cup of lemon juice, next time I will start with less and add more to taste. My mouth is watering and doing that puckering thing and I'm wincing just thinking about the sourness haha - love it!

I found the recipe on Kraftrecipes website, click here to see the full article.

Mix 1/3 cup water with 1 packet (the one that makes 2 quarts, not individual packet) of Crystal Light lemonade until it's dissolved. Stir in 1.5 cups whiskey and 3/4 cups (or less!) lemon juice. Serve over ice, garnish with maraschino cherries if desired. Makes 8 servings, 110 calories each.

No comments:

Post a Comment