Thursday, June 2, 2016

Tomato Container Garden


I love love love tomatoes - especially small cherry tomatoes. So even though I planted my garden a couple weeks ago and have 6 tomato plants crammed in there, I decided that I would try to do more in this long rectangle container that I have. Yeah yeah yeah, when I complain about having too many tomatoes later this summer you can remind me that the initial 6 was probably more than enough! Whatever. I love them.


I planted 2 Sunsugar (my favorite, they are orange and sweet) along with 3 Sweet Chelsea (I haven't grown that kind before, says it's a small red cherry tomato - taking a chance). I added a row of marigolds - I've heard that marigolds help keep the bugs away, don't know if it's true but I'll take any help I can get. And it's pretty. I planted the extra marigolds that didn't fit in the tomato garden in a watering can, cute!














A tip for when you plant an empty container - I put coffee filters over the holes in the bottom of the container so the water can run out but the soil won't. It works ;).




No comments:

Post a Comment