Thursday, June 9, 2016

Square Foot Container Garden and Pallet Update

Remember when I said that it's ok to use old seeds but you are supposed to proof them first to see if they'll sprout but I wasn't spending time doing that? Well here's what happens if the seeds won't sprout - nothing, that's what haha! Oh well, so I wasted a couple weeks. I bought fresh cilantro and parsley seeds, they should sprout shortly now. The rest of the pallet garden is filling in nicely.

replanted the bottom with fresh parsley
and cilantro seeds. 

My square foot container garden (click here for the original post) is booming - it's obviously loving the hot weather we've been having. Look at how much it's grown in less than 3 weeks! I'm going to get a salad out of here very soon, yay! Now if I can just keep the squirrel out of it, he's been digging (and eating the wild bird seed) and generally being a nuisance - Sarge has been quite helpful chasing him off. Unfortunately he thinks he's supposed to chase the birds away from the feeder too...um, thanks Sarge.






















And here's how the tomato garden is doing after only a week. Click here to see how it looked last week when I planted it! I'm so excited :)

No comments:

Post a Comment