Sunday, June 5, 2016

Greek Inspired Salad

This is my spin on a Greek salad, it's so good and fresh I want to share it. Simple and delicious.


Ingredients:
  • cucumbers
  • cherry tomatoes, halved
  • avocado, cut into bite-sized pieces
  • feta cheese, crumbled
  • spinach, roughly chopped
  • olive oil, white vinegar, coarse salt and pepper

note: like my exact measurements? It all depends on how big you want to make your salad! I do about equal parts sliced cukes and halved cherry tomatoes.

Peel, remove a bunch of the seeds,and slice a couple cucumbers. I really like to use the little baby ones - you can skip peeling and seeding with those, but this time Dave went to the store for me and bought pickling cucumbers which worked just fine.

Put the veggies in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, splash with vinegar, season to taste. Once again I don't measure, just add how much you want! Add feta and toss.

I've been making this salad often as a side to grilled chicken or steak, it's also really good with grilled tuna or shrimp. A great summer salad.






No comments:

Post a Comment