Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Scrambled Eggs

can you tell the color in this picture?
soy sauce turned them a weird color...
I read on a magazine site (can't remember which, maybe Cooking Light) that the secret ingredient you really must add to scrambled eggs (their words, not mine haha) is ... soy sauce instead of salt. Not sure why I wouldn't just add salt but ok, I'll bite ;). What I found was that yes, soy sauce works just fine and there wasn't much taste difference surprisingly - but it turned the eggs a weird color that I found unappealing. So I'll stick with salt, but try the soy sauce and see what you think!

I like soft small curd scrambled eggs but mine usually don't turn out like that - I just saw these tips on how to achieve it tho and I'll be trying these next time: 1. don't whip the raw eggs into a froth, that creates dryness and 2. pour the eggs into a cold or slightly warm nonstick pan coated with oil. Starting cold prevents eggs from cooking too quickly. Stir almost constantly over medium-low heat for small creamy curds.



No comments:

Post a Comment