Thursday, May 18, 2017

Switching Duvet Covers

Remember this one from last May? Anyone try it, and if so do you do it this way now? It's such a handy tip I want to share it again:

Putting a duvet or comforter into the cover is SUCH a pain! I dread trying to stuff it in there neatly without working up a sweat - not fun. I've heard about this little trick before and have even tried to figure it out with no luck...until now. I was determined to do it, googled a few different sites and watched a couple videos - and almost gave up again but I stuck with it and IT WORKS! I can't believe it, this is so much easier than my old way of fighting the duvet and cover. I'm not going to try to explain it, I took a couple pictures but since my duvet and cover are the same color the pics aren't very helpful. Watch this video, and stick with it - once you got it you'll never go back. A couple hints: Lay the cover (inside out) down on the bed with the closed end towards you, then lay the duvet on top. I have little ties on the inside of the cover to help keep the duvet in place, if yours doesn't have them I pin them with strong safety pins. After rolling the two up together turn the roll around so the open end of the cover is facing you. When you reach into the cover it says to grab the ends of the roll and pull thru, that is where it got a little tricky for me - I wasn't sure which part of the end to pull. You grab the entire end, the whole roll and pull it thru. Once you start unrolling you'll just keep adjusting the edges to keep the whole thing rolling out. It's amazing, and quick - try it!

roll up towards the open end of the cover 

unrolling the "burrito"

Click here for the link to the video - if it doesn't work for some reason just google "duvet cover trick" and click on the lifehacker.com site. They explained and showed this trick really well I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment