Thursday, May 11, 2017

Travel Folder

When we are going on big trips I make a travel folder to take with me - this system works really well for me to stay organized. Yes a lot of the info I include could just be on my phone but I like hard copies of all this stuff! There are reservation numbers, travel arrangements, out of country phone numbers, itineraries, maps, and details - so much info I need (and want) to have on hand. I like to use a plastic bendable folder with a 3 ring binder thing inside - keeps it light and flexible in my bag; I make tabs for each stop, city, or sometimes country that we will be going to just using colored pieces of thicker paper (like index cards) stapled onto the edge of paper (see the picture - I'm just being frugal, you can totally just buy these already made haha) and then I put all info pertaining that place behind each tab. I also like to include a page protector/pocket with each section and then I keep small "souvenirs" like ticket stubs, info from attractions you've gone to, city maps, etc. or receipts in them - way neater than throwing all that un-contained mess in my suitcase. 


Travel tip: when you come back into the states you have to fill out a customs form and they want to know how much you've spent on merchandise you are bringing back with you - I keep the receipts in one of the page protector envelope things so you can easily figure out the total. When we are back home I sort out papers I don't need to keep and then the folder becomes a scrapbook of sorts that I put on a shelf to reference and show people later.

this is a little homemade but it works - I make my own dividers
by stapling tabs to pieces of paper and then put in a 3 hole binder

We are off on another trip that I am SO excited about - a couple days in Amsterdam, then we fly to Scotland for a few days, and end with 6 days in Ireland. I imagine I won't be able to blog while we are gone and no one stepped up with guest blog ideas haha, so instead of going dark (I've only missed one day since starting this blog and that was because we were traveling and I couldn't get service!) I'm going to give you a few "re-runs" of my favorite posts - hopefully you'll enjoy them again the second time around! I'll tell you all about the trip, packing lists and all that when we get back. Bye!


this folder had a place to make your own cover so I quickly
 found an online template and printed this off.


2 comments:

  1. Nice Good ideas for sure. The travel pictures look amazing. YOu two always plan some awesome adventures. Fun to tag along with you in pictures.

    ReplyDelete