Thursday, September 7, 2017

First Aid/CPR Certification

August 2015
Two years ago I took a First Aid/CPR class thru the American Red Cross with my niece Mickey - she needed the certification for work and I said I'd do it with her because I've always wanted to take the course. It was an all day class and we had fun doing it together (plus we were each others partner so the whole practicing thing was a little less awkward!) - it's so interesting and informative, not sure how much help I'd be in a crisis but at least somewhere in my brain is the knowledge. And like the ARC says,  "doing something is better than doing nothing" so at least I don't feel so helpless if I were ever needed in a medical emergency. I recommend the course to everyone for sure! Anyway...our certificates expired this year and I received an email from the Red Cross about renewing my certification by taking a 2 hour online course - so I took advantage of that today and just finished it; happy to say I passed and received this:



I'm counting this as having "made" something today hahaha - and it's a PSA about taking this course and getting some basic how-to-help-in-an-emergency knowledge!

one year ago today: ice cream cakes

No comments:

Post a Comment