Monday, September 25, 2017

Wine and Design - Fall Tabletop Arrangement

I love "Wine and Design" night at our local nursery, what a fun idea. Candy and I have done a few of these before (click here to see how we made corn husk wreaths last fall, I still have them so they hold up well!) and even though I always put too much pressure on myself to make it look perfect and Candy cracks up at me, we have a great time!

This time it was making these fall arrangements from found objects around the yard and neighborhood (you could buy these things if you don't have this kind of material easily available after a windstorm haha, it's laying all over at our house!). You can literally use anything you find - sticks, little twigs, small branches, clippings of different evergreens, moss, berries, flowers, pinecones, stones, pebbles, acorns...

We started with 2 or 3 big sticks in the center of our containers. This one is a square whitewashed wood box that I absolutely love, it's lined so it's watertight and filled with floral foam soaked in water.  Push the sticks into the center of the box, if the sticks have bends in them they look even cooler. Then continue to build out from there filling up most of the center. We put two large rocks in the front, filled in the edges with pieces of moss, red rocks, and small stones. To finish there are a few acorns scattered about. This would also look super cute if you had a little artificial bird or decoration to wire onto one of the tall sticks.

Water as needed; if anything dies or you just want to remove it, it's easy to pull out individual pieces and replace them with fresh material. Seriously, I've had this on my counter for a month now and it's still going strong - I haven't had to replace anything yet!











one year ago today: veggie and white bean bake
two years ago today: soccer keychains











No comments:

Post a Comment