Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Gift Wrap Idea - add a pocket.

I saw this idea somewhere and thought I'd remember how they did it, but of course I don't and I can't find it again! So I sort of winged it - there might be a better way to do this but here's what I came up with...it's a fun idea if you have a small little gift you can tuck into a bigger one.

1. Using reversible paper - cut enough to wrap around the entire box plus enough extra to cover the top twice.
2. Lay the extra paper over top, fold in the long edge so it meets the edge of the box top and tape 1/2 down to hold in place. Fold the untaped part back on itself and make a sharp crease (creating a pocket), then tape the reverse side down along the other edge. (see photo - this is harder to explain than it needs to be!). Then finish wrapping the ends like normal (fold in and tape closed).


step one - cut enough paper to wrap around the box plus extra to create the pocket on the top of the gift

step two - in this example I've taped the snowman print down on the top right edge then folded a big triangle of plaid print back onto the snowman print and taped the plaid edge down (which in this picture is the bottom left corner). Then complete wrapping the ends like you normally would. There is now a pocket on the top of this gift between the plaid and the snowman print.


No comments:

Post a Comment