Thursday, December 7, 2017

Paper Doily Wreath

This one had me a little worried while I was making it, I couldn't quite see how it was going to come together - a bunch of doilies smushed together had the potential of looking like an old lady mess hahahah - and I really didn't want to waste all these Stampin' Up doilies Ronda gave me! Once it was done though I'm loving it,  and even though I made it for Ronda's display table I'm having a hard time letting it go :)


To make the wreath backing, I cut out a 7" circle from a piece of white cardboard, then cut out a circle from the middle leaving about a 1 1/2" ring. For each doily I sort of pinched in the middle and made little bundles, adding a dot of hot glue to the center to hold it together. Then hot glue them onto the wreath base - I pretty much added one to the outer side, then one on the inner, then add in between where there were spaces. Continue doing this for about 3/4 of the wreath. To finish I removed the flowers from a dollar store bunch of white poinsettias, cut the backs down so they were as flush as possible and hot glued in the empty space where there were no doilies. Tie a piece of lace ribbon on to hang. Done!

I used 36 Stampin' Up paper doilies, 3 fake poinsettia flowers, 9" of lace ribbon (also Stampin' Up), about 4 mini glue sticks, and some white cardboard.

Isn't this pretty?

I initially thought I was going to apply the doilies to a dollar store evergreen wreath but didn't like how that looked...

...so I made a ring using white cardboard as the base.  The most difficult part of this whole thing
was separating the doilies from each other - those little buggers are really stuck together!

form little scrunched bundles with each doily and hot glue to the base. 





1 comment:

  1. I am a handicraft lover. I have made many handicrafts, including customized gifts and pillows of different styles. If you need to buy some special gifts for your friends, my mall will surprise you! Click to open the mall link.
    baby nursery
    personalized teacher signs
    personalized graduation frames
    anniversary gifts for couples
    linen sheets

    ReplyDelete