Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Handmade Snowman Pillow

Mary made me this pillow a while ago - I love it, it makes me happy to get it out every year and think of her, and it's so creative that I want to share it with you. I keep thinking I'm going to copy her idea and make another one ... some day I def will. Isn't it cute?!


I didn't ask her how she made it, but I can take a guess...

It looks like she cut all the snowman pieces out of fleece and whipstitched them onto a big square of plaid fleece with (my guess is) embroidery thread, and add buttons/beads for eyes, mouth, and body. My favorite part is the little twig broom (you could also use a stick) she slid between the body and mitten. So cute. Hand stitch "let it snow" using the photo as a guide - it's a little thicker and might be yarn. After the front is done sew to another big square of plaid fleece to make a pillow cover, then stuff with either batting or make the pillow the size of a standard pillow you can use as an insert. She sewed the front and back together with cord trim (you can buy that by the yard at fabric stores), it's a nice extra touch.

Thanks again for my adorable pillow Mary!!




one year ago: Marquee Letters

two years ago: Fireball Hot Toddy

1 comment:

  1. I am a handicraft lover. I have made many handicrafts, including customized gifts and pillows of different styles. If you need to buy some special gifts for your friends, my mall will surprise you! Click to open the mall link.
    personalized baby blankets
    personalized baby blankets
    personalized gifts for dad
    Personalized Crystal Glass Gifts For Mom
    custom cool gifts for dad

    ReplyDelete