Sunday, September 2, 2018

Around the Campfire (week 35)

Dear Campers:

Hobbes: Well, summer is almost over. It sure went quick, didn't it?
Calvin: Yep. There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.

This week's recap and some random chitchat about the happenings at 'day camp':

Posts you might have missed~

8/26: around the campfire (week 34)
8/27: updating an old purse
8/28: s'mores cookies
8/29: coconut rum cake 
8/30: photo storage cheat sheet
8/31: rustic chandelier
9/1:  painted cow skull

What's cooking ~
  • grilled chicken, angel hair pasta tossed with roasted tomatoes, chopped spinach, and homemade croutons (click to see how to make them) from leftover ciabatta rolls
  • grilled ahi tuna, greek salad (chopped tomatoes, cukes, feta cheese tossed with a little olive oil and seasoning)
  • grilled pork chops with homemade rhubarb bbq sauce (I'll share the recipe soon!), perfect baked sweet potatoes (click for easy directions), roasted green beans from the garden
  • grilled steak, caesar salad with homemade croutons
  • mussels provencal (we went out and I ordered this - if I had a bucket list of foods I want to learn to make mussels would be on it. In fact, I'm starting a food bucket list right now!)
  • spiced rubbed pork tenderloin, roasted corn and rice stuffed tomatoes with spinach

Miscellaneous stuff keeping me busy but not interesting enough for an entire post ~
  • figured out how to arm knit and made a large pink throw that looks like a giant net - Dave asked if I was going to catch fish with it. I'll post it soon.
  • bought some cord crimps and ribbon clasps to experiment with different jewelry techniques. More on that later.
  • read another Diane Mott Davidson "Goldy the crime solving caterer" book called "Dark Tort". It was good enough to keep me entertained for a couple days. I need a break from these books tho and have just started re-reading all the Harry Potter books. 
  • went to see "The Meg", a movie out right now about a megalodon shark thing that was stupid. And not scary. Best part of the movie (other than when it was finally over) was the popcorn.
  • tomatoes, tomatoes, tomatoes. I'm up to my ears in tomatoes. I'm naming this coming week "what to do with too many tomatoes week". Catchy, I know. 

Have a great week, check in often please! Go be amazing peeps :)

Your camp counselor, Jill 






No comments:

Post a Comment