Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Yellow Squash Soup

LeDonna sent me this recipe and I'm going to make it today for lunch today, it's a little chilly out and starting to feel like soup weather. I like that this has few ingredients and seems easy to make - I'm anticipating that it will taste light and fresh with the addition of the lemon; and I might add some leftover rotisserie chicken so Dave doesn't complain about eating vegetable soup LOL, but will taste it first so I don't mess up the flavor. Doesn't this sound good?



Yellow Squash Soup

Ingredients:


  • 2 small yellow squash, chopped
  • 1 medium onion, diced
  • 1 cup chicken broth
  • 2 T. butter
  • 1 T. lemon zest

Cook all in covered saucepan until tender; cool. Puree in blender or with an immersion blender. Garnish with sour cream or parmesan if desired.




LeDonna's notes: I made this soup yesterday and we had it for dinner along with a salad of chicken, snow peas, tomatoes and avocado. To the soup I added Mrs. Dash garlic and herb seasoning, garlic salt, parsley flakes, salt and pepper. I garnished with shredded mozzarella. It's lite and paired really well with the salad.


10.9.18: pumpkin pail

10.9.17: zombie brain cheese ball


10.9.16: baked crab cakes

10.9.15: spider soap




No comments:

Post a Comment