Monday, October 14, 2019

Paper Pumpkin

Clicking around online looking at different fall crafts, because I have all kinds of time with nothing better to do than waste time get inspired to make more stuff! HA! I saw this cute paper pumpkin idea and went right into the craft room to see if it came together as quickly and easily as it looked - and it did. All you need are 2 sheets of 8.5"x11" cardstock, hot glue, and something for the top (the directions I mostly followed put a stick, paper leaves, and a piece of twine on top - I did 2 curled green pipe cleaners instead).


Cut each piece of paper lengthwise into 5 strips (1 and 1/2 inches wide and 11" long),  you need 10 strips total.


Cut 2 of the strips 7" long and 4 strips 9" long - leaving 4 strips 11" long


Join 2 same-size strips together with hot glue. You now have 1 strip about 14", 2 strips about 18", and 2 strips about 22" long. Accordion fold each strip in about 1/2" folds and join the ends together with hot glue to form a circle, see the photo below.


Push down on the top of the circle to form a pinwheel - I had a little trouble at first pushing it into the pinwheel shape, but keep trying and you'll get it. Once I realized I had to push pretty hard the rest of them came together quickly. Hot glue the center of the pinwheel to hold the shape.


Stack the pinwheels on top of each other and hot glue in place. Hot glue whatever topper you decide to use in place - I curled 2 pipe cleaner/chenille stems around a pencil to make them corkscrew and glued into the center of the top pinwheel.


 Note: I decided to only use 4 pinwheels instead of 5 like the original directions. I just liked it better that way because the cardstock is so thick it made the pumpkin too tall in my opinion. Next time I think I'll try lighter weight scrapbooking paper and then probably use 5.




click here for original source and more pictures/instructions.

10.14.18: around the campfire recap





















10.14.15: bats in a pumpkin

No comments:

Post a Comment