Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Tip-sy Tuesday: dividing batter

Well here's a tip I should have thought of years ago - when making batter that gets divided equally into two (or more) pans, like 2 cakes or bread pans, I struggle with getting them even so one cake is invariably taller than the other (which doesn't look good if you're making a two layer cake) or I'll have different size loaves of bread...


Then I got the idea to use my kitchen scale - now I pour the batter into the pans and put them one at a time on the scale, then spoon batter from one to the other until they weigh the same. Now they are exactly the same size. I appreciate that this idea is probably commonplace in other bakers' kitchens, but not in mine so I'm now super happy to have this trick up my sleeve.


10.1.18: peeping tom pumpkin
10.1.16: coffee treat
10.1.15: mossy halloween wreath


No comments:

Post a Comment