Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Vanilla Cupcakes with Pretzel Frosting

I made mini cupcakes (yes, yes, from a mix - no time for scratch right now and if you doctor it up a bit it tastes even better...add an extra egg, change the water to milk, replace the oil with melted butter) to take to tap class this week and wanted to do something different.


As a side note - I saw a picture of chocolate covered pretzels that look like pumpkins that I thought I'd make today, before realizing that I was not in the mood nor had the patience for dipping pretzels; after about 6 of them I went rogue and just drizzled a tray of pretzels with the melted chocolate and added sprinkles. And have most of a bag of pretzels laying on the counter when the idea for making cupcakes came to mind.


Back to the cupcakes. I always make buttercream, I love buttercream, it's my go-to frosting and everyone likes it. (Except one of Jenny's co-workers but he's the exception LOL). But I always make buttercream and I was feeling like changing it up a bit...and saw the bag of pretzels...and thought "pretzel frosting? is that a thing?" And voila, cue these cupcakes with pretzel frosting!


All I did was add crushed pretzels to standard vanilla buttercream, which is amazing. Sweet and salty, with a little crunch. Yum! Because I conveniently had all those drizzled pretzels on hand I put one on top of each cupcake - they turned out so good. I'm happy. As happy as sweet and salty pretzel frosting can make a person anyway ;)


click here for the buttercream recipe, which coincidentally happens to be on my mummy cupcakes (perfect for this time of year) - check them out:




No comments:

Post a Comment