Monday, January 2, 2023

Everything Bagel Pigs in a Blanket

I saw an idea for this online somewhere, didn't save it for later...but the other day when cleaning out the fridge and finding a tube of crescent rolls I forgot about I remembered this little twist to pigs in a blanket - top with everything bagel seasoning mix before baking. And they turned out SO good! This is a keeper modification for sure - I used full-sized turkey cheddar smoked sausages, I'm sure it'd be great with hot dogs too (and don't forget about little smokies! my favorite hahah). Here's what I did:


  • 1 tube crescent roll dough
  • 6 turkey cheddar turkey sausages (I buy the lower-fat version)
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • everything bagel seasoning
Preheat oven to 375'. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

Roll out the crescent dough, separate into triangles. Roll around the sausage links and place on the baking sheet. Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle liberally with the seasoning. 

Bake approx. 15 minutes until heated thru and the dough is golden brown. 


note: there are 8 crescent rolls in a tube, and 6 smoked sausages in a package. I just bake 2 rolls plain without wrapping them, they won't take as long to bake. Occasionally, like twice, I've put chocolate chips in the middle of a roll before rolling up and yep, that's pretty taste too! 




1 comment: