Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Tip-sy Tuesday: Clear Shade Fix

We hung new lights in the front hall bathroom that have a clear shade over the bulb, I don't usually like clear shades because I don't like to see the bare bulb but I love the vintage Edison style bulbs and thought I could handle it. Nope, I still can't. 

We tried different wattages, different colors (amber/daylight/bright white...) and still nope. 

So I did what I do and changed the shade so I don't have to look at the bare bulb - wrapped thick twine around the middle of the glass covering the bulb but still allowing light to come thru. These aren't great pics but you get the idea - my 'tip' for today is maybe don't just live with something you aren't crazy about if there's a way to make it better!




Oh, and this is why we hung new lights - does it get more 80's than this? hahahahah! 





No comments:

Post a Comment