Sunday, January 10, 2021

🔥Around the Campfire (week 2)

Dear Campers ~

Here's a quick recap of what happened at camp last week - I'm just realizing it was all food and 3 of the days were guest bloggers! Yay, I do enjoy guest bloggers hahaha!

Posts ~

1/3: 🔥week 1

1/4: Jen's pork steak in cast iron skillet

1/5: tip-sy tuesday: proofing dough

1/6: povitica (apple cinnamon filled bread)

1/7: no-bake cookie bars by Brooke

1/8: tortellini in creamy tomato sauce by Macey

1/9: pub beer cheddar cheese

What's Cooking (menu ideas) ~

  • lemon honey dijon chicken 
  • grilled pork chops, roasted butterkin squash, broccoli
  • tuna, roasted garbanzo beans, caesar salad
  • baked chicken breast, cauliflower parmesan 
  • bbq ribs, roasted baby potatoes, chopped kale salad
  • stuffed salmon (Costco), roasted asparagus
  • meatloaf, mixed veggies, mashed cauliflower
Miscellaneous stuff keeping me busy ~
  • this is the first time we have been in Michigan for the winter in a good long time - and I'm not complaining about the cold except my craft room is over the garage and not insulated very well...not insulated very well at all!! I've been trying to turn on the space heater every morning but it takes hours for it to warm up, literally it's been in the low 40's every morning in the craft room! I'm telling you this to justify why I posted only recipes last week hahahah, it's tooooooo cold to make anything in my dedicated craft space - so yesterday I had the excellent idea to move a work table into the house where it is warm. I'll still have to get my supplies out of the craft room but at least I have a space to work now while it's SO cold in the craft room!
  • read 'Dark Matter' by Blake Crouch. Um, I think I liked it? I mean, I didn't understand half of it but the pieces that I followed I liked hahahha. It's a science fiction alternate reality thriller - if you're into that, and if you're smarter than I am about quantum physics then maybe you'll love it more than I did! ⭐️⭐️⭐️
  • also read 'What Happens in Paradise' by Elin Hilderbrand, book 2 in a trilogy about a woman who finds out her husband was living a double life, and her 2 sons that each have their issues, so they all go to the Virgin Islands to figure out what the heck their husband/dad was involved in - it's a decent beach read (are they still called 'beach reads' if you read them snuggled in an afghan in the winter? haha) that's entertaining enough to stick with but not so great you are going to want to buy the book - perfect easy read that you should just borrow from the library. ⭐️⭐️⭐️ 1/2. 
That's it ~ hope you had a great week, you're staying healthy, staying creative, staying warm! Stop back next week to see more fun projects, recipes, whatever else I can think of to make at camp! Bye!

Sincerely ~


Jill
camp counselor


.17 - kitchen tip, date your spices 

No comments:

Post a Comment