Saturday, January 23, 2021

DIY: Cord Mask Leash

The other day I showed you how to make an easy chain mask leash, today it's an equally simple one made from a stretchy cord. You need a length of cord, 2 cord crimps, 2 jump rings, 2 lobster clasps, charm (optional), clear glue (optional), and jewelry pliers. 

1. put a drop of glue in the cord crimp, lay one end of the cord in the crimp and using the pliers scrunch one side of the crimp over the cord and then the other side of the crimp. You're basically folding the crimp over the cord. Squeeze pretty hard so the cord won't slip out of the crimp. The purpose of the cord crimp is to have a place to attach the jump ring and clasp. note: the drop of glue is optional, I don't know if it actually helps hahaha, but I do it anyway.


2. open the jump ring (remember to not pull it apart, twist it being careful to not change the alignment). add the clasp, a charm if you want, and the end of the crimp, close the jump ring.

3. there is no third step - you're done!

Guys, how funny is this - I made the above cord for my sister and she asked how to attach it since there's only one clasp? She thought I came up with a new way of attaching the leash to a mask but actually I just completely missed the fact that I forgot to put a clasp on the other end - I took the picture and didn't even notice it was missing one LOL!!! 

I also made this one from 3 different embroidery threads I braided together, attach the cord crimp and clasps using the same technique as above. I bought some satiny ribbon cord and am going to make some with that next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment