Friday, January 1, 2021

Happy New Year! (rerun)

What a difference between this New Years day and 1/1/2018 when we got up super early to take pictures of the Rose Parade floats! Since today looks way different and I'm sitting inside playing on my computer (once again, thanks Covid!) I thought I'd share the Rose parade pictures again - much more interesting than pictures of me doing nothing hahaha.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! I'm posting a little later today because we got up at the butt-crack of dawn this morning to go to the Rose Parade and I wanted to be able to share a few pictures of our adventure with you. We went with a group from Paul's Photo on a "photo walk" which was the perfect way to see the floats... we got there 2 hours before the parade started and were able to be up close to the floats, bands, horses, and other marchers while they were staging - an amazing way to take pictures and talk to people. Once the parade started we got out of there (did you know there's like 800,000 people there? I did not!), but since we were able to walk thru the entire length of floats and marchers beforehand we didn't miss a thing! Best way to see the parade for sure. I don't take photos like all these professional guys, but I still think I got some good ones - what a fun day!








people sleep right on the curb to get a good spot!
 

these "angels" are from the SoCal Mini Horse Sanctuary...

I'm super allergic to horses but I want to wear this costume and walk the parade!










I love that the Budweiser float has a dalmatian running around on the top! 


look how different the parrot looks - I took this one when
 it was still dark out, the one above is in the daylight

lesson - always check your background... this looks like we have birds sprouting from our heads!

No comments:

Post a Comment