Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Tip-sy Tuesday: separating cabbage leaves

Tomorrow I'm going to share a recipe for stuffed cabbage rolls, while I was making them this morning I  found an easy tip for separating the leaves - I figured this out all on my own and (for once) didn't Google it so I have no idea if everyone else already knows this hahahha. 

Core the cabbage and put on a plate core side up in the microwave, heat on HIGH for a couple minutes. Remove from microwave and carefully peel the leaves off. If they won't come easily, run a light stream of water between the cabbage head and the leaf you're trying to peel off. This totally worked for me and I easily separated the leaves keeping them mostly intact to then stuff and bake. 


When I last posted the recipe I said the reviews were full of the trouble people were having separating the leaves but I was all cocky and bragged about not having a problem...so of course this time do you think I could get the leaves apart? Hence coming up with an easier way LOL!

Check back tomorrow for the updated recipe - now you're all set with the hardest step! 

No comments:

Post a Comment