Sunday, January 24, 2021

🔥 Around the Campfire (week 4)

 Dear Campers ~

Here's a quick recap in case you missed anything at camp last week:

Posts ~

1/17: 🔥week 3

1/18: chain mask leash

1/19: tip-sy tuesday: baked chicken tenderloins

1/20: mixed fruit crisp

1/21: Natalie's butter curry chicken

1/22: Macey's doctored cauliflower crust pizza

1/23: cord mask leash

What's Cooking ~

  • firecracker meatballs, basmati rice, roasted carrots and broccoli
  • baked shrimp, cauliflower rice, roasted asparagus
  • grilled chicken sausage, white beans in marinara, green beans
  • eggplant lasagna (recipe soon)
  • bbq pork chops, chopped kale salad, roasted baby potatoes
  • marinated bone-in chicken breast, chopped salad, steamed spinach
Miscellaneous stuff keeping me busy ~
  • read 'The Altruists' by Andrew Ridker - the description of the book says it's a darkly funny and ultimately tender family saga, blah blah blah. I really did not enjoy this book - none of the characters are likable (even if they don't 'have' to be likable to make it a good read, I just did not care for any of these people hahha), didn't like the plot, didn't like the end...I just wrote a lot of words to say I don't like this book. ⭐️ it can have one star only because I finished the book!
  • read 'Death and the Girl He Loves', number 3 of the series by Darynda Jones. I liked it better than the Altruists haha but it's also not great. Supernatural sci-fi which I am a fan of, but this one is just weird. ⭐️⭐️1/2
  • I have 5 books on my library shelf, they all came in at once - why am I still sitting here typing when I should be reading?!!! 
Have a great week - hope you'll stop by lots to see more projects, recipes, and whatever else I can think of to make at camp...bye!

Sincerely ~


Jill
camp counselor 

No comments:

Post a Comment