Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Mixed Fruit Crisp

I love, love, love fruit crisp. Any fruit crisp. Usually I make apple but I had the thought to mix together all kinds of fruit and see what happens - and guess what? It's fabulous. So I can honestly say I love any and all fruit crisps hahaha - whether it's just one fruit, berries, or mixed fruit...it's all good! 


I didn't really follow a recipe because you can pretty much just add a little sugar and cornstarch to the fruit and then add a mixture of flour, oats, brown sugar, butter and cinnamon and get a great dessert. I don't even always measure, this is not the kind of recipe that needs exact measurements! The perfect dessert LOL! 


But to make it a legit recipe I did measure the ingredients this time, except I didn't measure the fruit, just added enough to fill my dish - I'd say maybe 6 cups? Chop up or mix together your choice of fruit(s), you can use fresh or frozen; for this mixed fruit crisp I combined rhubarb, blueberries, apples, and pears with about 1/2 cup sugar, a couple Tablespoons of cornstarch, and a squeeze of lemon juice and put it in a buttered 11x7" baking dish (sometimes I use an 8x8" dish).


For the crisp topping: combine 1/2 cup flour, 1 cup oats, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 t. cinnamon, and a pinch of coarse salt. Cut in 1/2 cup butter cut into small pieces (cut in using a pastry cutter or two forks, work the butter in until the mixture is small pea sized crumbs). Sprinkle the topping over the fruit in an even layer. Bake at 350' for about 45 minutes until the filling is bubbly and the topping is lightly browned. 

Yum. Serve warm with or without ice cream or whipped cream, or do as I do and eat it for breakfast - hey, it's fruit and oatmeal so nothing wrong with that hahaha. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment