Monday, January 16, 2023

My Niece is Hungry: Gluten-Free Poke Brownies

I was telling Macey about the poke brownies I made last week (click here for that post) and she said that she bought a gluten free brownie mix if I wanted to make some for her hahaha - I said perfect, I still had 1/2 can of sweetened condensed milk left over and as I've never baked any gluten-free desserts I'd love to try it out. This is what she had to say:

So I told myself that I could not have a brownie until I finished my chores…. Which was ~5 mins ago. I was going to take a selfie of me, scarfing the brownie, but I left my phone upstairs and I for real, couldn’t stop eating it in time to get my phone 😂 Now I’m standing here, texting you with brownie fingers, and potentially what could be drool coming from my mouth 😂. I have not had a brownie in I can’t even tell you how long, and these with that condensed milk... OMG 🤤  

Seriously, they should go on the blog! And then I will write a raving review! 😂 

Side story: I popped these in the oven and set the timer. When I checked them they still needed like 2 more minutes and I said to myself "you don't need to reset the timer, even you can remember they only need 2 minutes'. 

And I forgot them.

For 9 minutes!! Great. My next thought was the brownies were going to be so over-baked they'd probably be inedible and that means I'd have to remake them in which case I'd once again have 1/2 a can of sweetened condensed milk leftover - it's going to be a never ending problem HAHA. Fortunately the condensed milk must have kept them moist! 

I made these the same as before - mix and bake the brownie mix according to the package directions; while still hot poke holes all over the top and spread 1/2 can of sweet condensed milk over top. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and let cool. 


No comments:

Post a Comment