Monday, January 4, 2021

Marinated Pork Steak in a Cast Iron Skillet by Jen

Jen told me about a dish she made using pork steak. I thought to myself 'what the heck is pork steak?' and asked her to blog it for us. 2 take-aways from this - 1) pork steak is a thing and 2) my sis can apparently cook better than she likes to say and I'm pretty sure it's just so I'll make food for her. Here's what she did in her words:


Recipe from the Sister. Yep the sister. 

I bought 2 cheap Pork steaks. And when I say cheap I mean cheap. $3.45 for 2.  And no it wasn’t expired.

I googled a lot of recipes and couldn’t find one I liked or had all the ingredients for so I merged 2 together to come up the following.

I have to say it was delicious.  My onion was way too big but didn’t want to store the other half so just cooked it all.

The pork held its flavor even the next day and was still pretty darn good if I say so myself.

 

2 Pork Steaks

1 large onion

One lager style beer

Salt and pepper to taste. 

 

First I marinated the pork in beer and chopped onion for 2 hours.  I heard I could marinate up to 6 hours (no longer or gets mushy) but I didn’t test that out.  2 hours was plenty.

I then put the pork in the cast iron skillet and salt and peppered.  I then browned the pork 5 minutes, turned and browned the other side 5 more.

Removed the pork from the pan and set aside. Put the Beer and onion marinade in the skillet and brought to a boil.  Lowered the heat to medium and cooked 5 minutes more until the onions started to soften. I then returned the pork to the skillet and  cooked the entire mixture covered on medium heat for 12-15 minutes (until cooked through).

 

Yum.








No comments:

Post a Comment