Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Tip-sy Tuesday: fennel

I forget about fennel. Don't know why that is, every time I have it I love it! You can do a ton of things with the bulb like shave it and eat raw in a salad, wedge and roast it, slice and bake it, even the pretty fennel fronds are edible. I saw a healthy chicken recipe on Giadzy that includes sliced fennel bulb so I picked one up, that led me to thinking maybe you've noticed fennel in the store or farmers market because it's pretty and unusual but didn't know what to do with it? Today's tip is an easy one - how to use fennel.


Maybe preparing it is obvious, but I'm sharing anyway - to slice/wedge/shave for a recipe, just cut off the top fronds, trim the underside, remove the core, then have at it according to the recipe. You literally just lop off the top. Don't throw the fronds away, if you don't want to eat them then put them in a vase of water and enjoy as a decoration!




Tomorrow I'll share a chicken and fennel recipe that is delicious! Click here for the recipe 'lemon honey dijon chicken'

.20 - 🔥week 2

.19 - sour cream chicken enchiladas

.18 - sweet dill pickles

.17 - what to purge list

.16 - closet organizing

No comments:

Post a Comment