Sunday, January 12, 2020

Around the Campfire 🔥 (week 2)

Dear Campers ~

Here's a quick recap in case you missed anything at MMDC last week:

Posts ~
1/5: 🔥 week 1
1/6: crochet cowl
1/7: tip-sy Tuesday: wrapping paper filler
1/8: steak Gorgonzola alfredo
1/9: TBT: pear salad
1/10: Al's sweet and sour cabbage
1/11: spiked sparkling cider

What's cooking ~
  • JAR pot roast, mashed potatoes, roasted carrots
  • grilled tuna, creamy tomato, cucumber, and feta salad, roasted garbanzo beans
  • stuffed cabbage, pierogi, roasted green beans
  • grilled pork tenderloin, chopped mediterranean salad
  • chicken marsala, buttered cavtappi, roasted asparagus
Miscellaneous:
  • did you read Thursday's post about my getting an old cookbook and it inspired me to make some of these old (and sometimes weird) recipes? New segment titled "throw back Thursday (TBT): recipes", should be fun!
  • read Vince Flynn's new novel (actual it's by Kyle Mills, he's taken over for Vince) "Lethal Agent" - didn't love it, and I want to because I'm a big Vince Flynn/Mitch Rapp fan. This was a bit slow (how can a book about terrorists creating a deadly virus be slow? that is the question and the problem) and not enough of the good old cast of characters. ⭐️⭐️ and a half.
That's it for me - I just got back from a long 8 mile hike and I need to go lay on the floor and stretch my back! It was amazing but I'm going to be sore for a bit...



Hope you had a great week - stop by often to see what's happening at camp! Bye!

Sincerely ~


Jill
camp counselor and tired hiker 

No comments:

Post a Comment