Friday, January 3, 2020

Christmas Ornament Storage

This should probably be a "Tip-sy Tuesday" post because it's super fast and easy, and is more of a tip than making something! Hmmm, let's call it 'making something more organized' instead of a tip because I don't want to wait til Tuesday to show you this handy little ornament organizing idea!

I have a big tub that holds all the miscellaneous, handmade, or special ornaments and decor that don't go in my plain old ornament container (I bought one years ago that is 3 stacks high with multiple dividers that holds the regular colored and clear balls and basic ornaments); I wrap the breakable ones in tissue paper and set among soft things to protect them. This year I put them in plastic drinking cups - so much safer this way. If the ornament is too big for one cup (and you can always use different sized cups of course!) just turn another cup upside down overtop. See - easy!

I thought I had a picture of all the cups in the tote that looked much nicer than this, but I can't find it - and I already put the tote away so you'll have to trust me that the cups in the tote are a great idea ;)

this looks way messier than when I finished and put the tote away!


1.3.19: removing wax from candleholders
1.3.18: chocolate birthday cake for Noah
1.3.17: monthly bill log
1.3.16: black-eyed pea jambalaya

No comments:

Post a Comment