Friday, January 31, 2020

Ramen Napa Salad

I almost forgot to share Al's 3rd cabbage recipe from his cabbage extravaganza (click here for fried cabbage with bacon and sweet & sour cabbage ), look at me remembering to post it before like a year went by and I stumbled on it and then had to write yet another long 'oops, I have the worst memory' post! This is a great salad - I have a similar recipe but have always left the ramen in big hunks, in this recipe the ramen gets smashed into little small bits and browned in butter - yum! I love this variation...Dave and I both were crazy for it, keeper recipe for sure. 


NAPA SALAD

1 med. head Napa cabbage
4 Green onions & tops – chopped
1 stick butter
½ c Sesame seeds
½ c Almond slivers
2 packages Ramen noodles (crushed) – discard seasoning packets

Dressing:
1 c oil
¾ c vinegar – apple cider
2 T soy sauce - darrk
¾ c sugar


  • Shred cabbage
  • Brown sesame seeds, almonds, crushed noodles in butter – drain on paper towels
  • In a separate container mix dressing ingredients 
  • Combine cabbage, crispy mixture and dressing just before serving.
Note: Al left out the almonds because of Dave's nut allergy and it was still very crunchy and flavorful. I didn't miss them at all - but then again I haven't had this salad with the almonds so who knows, maybe it takes it to a whole new level! 


1.31.19: wire scottie overhaul
1.31.18: Tesha's Texas Caviar (I forgot about this dip, it's SO good I'm def making this again soon!)
1.31.17: hair bump trick (I also forgot about this tip, I did it all the time and am going to bring it back)
1.31.16: pretzel hugs (I did not forget these and still make them all the time)

No comments:

Post a Comment