Sunday, January 26, 2020

Around the Campfire 🔥 (week 4)

Dear Campers ~

Here's a quick recap in case you missed anything at MMDC this past week:

Posts ~

1.19: 🔥week 3
1.20: transplanting a plant on a dare
1.21: tip-sy Tuesday: how to make cake flour
1.22: jam crumb cake
1.23: TBT: southern spoon bread
1.24: candy cane hearts
1.25: cauliflower parmesan

What's cooking ~
  • herb crusted lamb roast, mashed carrots, roasted green beans
  • marinated pork tenderloin, mushroom ravioli, wilted spinach
  • chicken sausage, baked white beans in red sauce, chopped salad
  • grilled chicken, caesar salad
Miscellaneous stuff keeping me busy ~

  • Guys, I read great book - "My Grandmother Asked Me To Tell You She's Sorry" by Fredrik Backman (he wrote 'Man called Ove' which is also really good). I didn't think I loved it when I started reading so wasn't paying much attention to a bunch of stuff that ties back in later in the book; I actually re-read the first half after finishing the book so I'd get all the stories and clues. Ended up loving this book and recommend for sure. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
  • made myself a color-coded weekly schedule to help stay on task and get stuff done! This took a surprising amount of time - good thing I didn't have the schedule done before I made the schedule because I don't have an open time slot allotted for wasting so much time making a schedule. 😂😂😂 I do love me a schedule tho...
  • visited the battleship USS Iowa with Al and Cathy, here's a few pics:


this appeals to my love of crafts!


I've never seen a recipe that feeds 2,500 people?!! 
saw this hanging in the ship kitchen - I should frame it and hang it in my kitchen! 

Hope you had a great week - stop back often to see what else I think of to make, bake, organize, schedule...

Sincerely ~


Jill
camp counselor and schedule making fool



in the flight simulator, so fun - it was tossing us all over
and you really had to hold on!


1.26.19: Ron's Mom's dinner (aka 'the okra dish')
1.26.18: Brooke made gemstone soap
1.26.17: Valentine heart garland
1.26.16: honey lime dressing

No comments:

Post a Comment