Friday, January 24, 2020

Candy Cane Hearts

I was putting away the Christmas candy (I have a big jar on my counter with candy in it, for Christmas I filled it with big and little candy canes, peppermint kisses, etc.) and remembered seeing a picture somewhere of this idea. How cute did these turn out? If you still have candy canes around (do they sell candy canes year round?) make these for Valentines day!



I just melted dark baking chocolate in the microwave according to package directions because that's what I had in the drawer. I also want to make some white ones when I get more chocolate - I'm sure melting chocolate chips would also work. Lay 2 candy canes on parchment or waxed paper, fill with melted chocolate, add a few sprinkles, let harden. Easy!

Tip: don't overfill the space between the candy canes, it'll ooze over the top and then you have to do touch up - guess how I know?




1.24.19: DIY body wash
1.24.18: side table re-do
1.24.17: egg and avocado toast
1.24.16: citrus scented lamb stew

No comments:

Post a Comment