Saturday, January 18, 2020

Avocado Fries... by Jen

So my sister tells me she has had these yummy avocado “fries”.  Sliced, breaded, and delicious.  Ummmm.. ok I say.  This isn’t really my definition of “fries” but to each their own.  She then tells me she is going to find a recipe and make this.  Okey dokey. 
Then.. What a coincidence.  Brooke brings me a bag of avocado’s.  Yes a bag of avocado’s from a teenager is weird.  Her aunt has given them to her? (also weird).   Fast forward to dinner prep last night.  Gonna make shake n bake chicken.  I then have a half bag of extra shake n bake.  Hmmm I think.  Non-Cooking girls recipe for breaded avocado “fries”?  so I give It a go.  ðŸ˜Š
DELICIOUS! HA!! TAKE THAT SISTER!! I WIN!!




Here's the exact text messages between me and my sissy regarding a photo of avocado fries she has found in a magazine and sent me before making her version - how funny would it have been if she left the peel on the avocado and then tried to eat them?


Jill here - The recipe I have says to dredge in flour and eggs, then panko crumbs, bake on a greased baking sheet at 450' for 15 minutes, turning halfway thru, until golden and crunchy. Is that how she did it but with shake and bake? Nope - here's what she said:

"No flour or eggs. I cut them in slices, rolled in shake n bake and baked them. That’s it."

1.18.19: meat lovers pasta sauce

1.18.18: birthday card gift box
1.18.17: cinnamon roll fail
1.18.16: parachute cord dog collar

No comments:

Post a Comment