Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Hawaiian Quilt

Claudette made this absolutely gorgeous quilt for Mark and LeDonna - even tho I can't tell you how to make it I wanted to share it with you because I'm so so impressed! And more than a little envious, not gonna lie. 

She hand-sewed almost the entire quilt, there's just a couple little things she did by machine when joining some of the blocks to the trim pieces (my hand hurts just thinking about hand-sewing an entire quilt!!), see what I mean by impressive?!!  I would be impressed even if she 100% machine sewed it tho, I love it and am so happy to show you these beautiful photos. 


The fabric choices are perfect for this quilt - the blocks are white with a watery looking variegated blues/turquoise/aqua, the back of quilt and trim work is a fun sea-life pattern that would make me happy just to look at it and find different interesting things scattered about. Love. 



I didn't ask how many blocks there are, I count 25 but might be wrong! The blocks are of 7 different flowers/plants: Hibiscus, Red Ginger, Plumeria, Bread Fruit, Kukui Nut Tree,  Calalili,
Protea, and 1 Pineapple which is the center square. 


I've taken a couple quilting classes and have made a few small throws using my sewing machine, but other than tying the layers together with little pieces of string to hold them in place I haven't attempted hand-sewing. If I thought I'd have the patience to see it thru, this quilt that Claudette made would be the inspiration I need to give it a try! 


8.31.21: TT - how to make cake layers

8.31.20: crochet band for face mask

8.31.19: braised short ribs

8.31.18: farmhouse projects

8.31.17: remoulade sauce

8.31.16: coconut cream filled cupcakes



No comments:

Post a Comment