Monday, August 1, 2022

Man-day Monday: removing stains and scratches from stainless steel

I haven't done a 'man-day monday' post in awhile, so when Mark showed me this tip on how to remove the scratches from my RV stainless steel kitchen sink I knew I was going to share it on a Monday! 


Using a green scotchbrite pad and Bar Keepers Friend, and a lot of patience, most of the scratches are gone. I put the bar keepers friend on a wet scotchbrite and gently rubbed with the grain, I was very worried that this would make more scratches, but as long as you go with the grain it shouldn't. I was too scared to press hard when rubbing the sink so Mark did round 2 and this is where the patience comes in, he just kept going over and over making sure to rub in straight lines going with the grain. You can see the grain in stainless steel, it looks like brush marks and will definitely be going in one direction. Be careful to rub in straight lines, when I first started I was going across but in more of a smile shape, it's not easy to go straight back and forth. 


Obviously you should test this technique in an inconspicuous spot in case you have a different stainless steel than I do! Don't blame me if it doesn't work for you hahaha, I'm just sharing my outcome - which is amazing by the way. If a sparkling stain and scratch free sink can be amazing that is...:). I'm happy!

8.1.21: 🔥 week 31

8.1.20: grilled romaine with blue cheese dressing

8.1.19: msih: cowboy pasta salad

8.1.18: white chocolate brownies

8.1.17: microwave corn shortcut

8.1.16: fish lure earrings


No comments:

Post a Comment