Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Tip-sy Tuesday: culinary torch

Last year for my sis's birthday I made a s'more brownie pie and caught the whole thing on flaming-fire in my oven, I'm talking completely blackened it including ashes on the top hahahha. I thought it was a disaster, everyone loved it. When she asked for it again this year there was no way I was repeating how I made it last year - especially the cleaning the oven afterwards part - so I did what I should have done a long time ago and bought a mini-torch! And it's amazing!!! I made the pie up to browning the marshmallows, took it  and the torch to my sister's house and let everyone torch their own. 

Side story - I was telling Brooke how I've never used a mini-torch before (or any torch for that matter) and had no idea how to fill it or use it and was just going to ask if anyone at dinner knew how, B said 'I know how, I'll do it'...ummmm, ok I said, but how/why do you know how? She said Natalie has one and let Avery and Brooke use it - B said they went on a browning everything kick, even mac 'n cheese! 

Hahahaha, apparently that didn't taste very good fyi. 

Sure enough, she filled it and showed us how to click off the lock and fire away. I totally get why the kids went on a browning everything kick, it's fun!! I need to find other culinary reasons to brown things!

I don't have a pic, here's what it looked like last year tho - just imagine it wayyyyy less blackened! 


I found the mini torch at Home Depot along with the butane (I bought a Bernzomatic Micro Torch fyi). If you buy one and want help I'll have Brooke give you the info!

8.23.21: columbia 1905 salad

8.23.20: ðŸ”¥ week 34

8.23.19: sausage stuffed dates

8.23.18: freezing tomatoes 

8.23.17: buckeyes

8.23.16: how to baste eggs

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment