Thursday, August 18, 2022

Sautéed Chicken Breasts in Cream Sauce

LeDonna shared this recipe and photos with me, how great does this sound and look? Maybe I'm really hungry as I'm writing it up, but I bet the cream cheese sauce is delish. Can't wait to make this for us very soon! Thanks for sharing, L!  


I typed the recipe out exactly as written, I'd make a couple changes - use butter not margarine, dice the celery 'cuz I don't like big slices, and I'll probably use Italian seasoning instead of the individual ones listed. I don't know what 'whole chicken breasts, split' means and will just cook enough regular ol' chicken breasts that will be enough for dinner. It looks like LeDonna added shredded cheese over top, and why not?! 

2 whole chicken breasts, split, boned, skinned 
2 T. margarine
1 1/2 cups mushroom slices
1 cup celery slices
1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
1/2 r. pepper
1/2 t. dried basil leaves, crushed
1/4 t. dried chervil leaves, crushed
1/8 t. dried thyme leaves, crushed
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, cubed
1/3 cup milk
2 1/2 cups (8 oz.) tri-colored corkscrew noodles, cooked, drained 

Cut chicken into strips. Melt margarine in large skillet; add chicken, vegetables and seasonings. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 10 min. or until chicken is tender. Add 2 T. wine; simmer 5 minutes. Combine cream cheese, milk, and remaining wine in saucepan, stirring over low heat until smooth. Place noodles on serving platter, top with chicken mixture and cream cheese mixture. 

4 to 6 servings






No comments:

Post a Comment