Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Tip-sy Tuesday: Snickerdoodle White Chocolate Chip Cookies

I'm calling this is 'tip' because I literally made cookies from a mix for the neighbor who had surgery a couple days ago and the tip is I added a big handful of white chocolate chips to the batter (along with a pinch of coarse salt) making them a little bit more 'custom-made'. 

Dave went to the store for me looking for a double-chocolate-chunk mix, which I know from past experience make great cookies (click here and here for examples), but couldn't find it. He told me what was available and I said snickerdoodles sound good but I couldn't really change the mix and I don't like not being able to add ingredients in - he suggested chocolate chips and I thought white chocolate might be good! 

He said he wanted credit if they turned out, but to not tell anyone if adding chocolate to snickerdoodles ended up not being good - I said nope, doesn't work like that. I've spent over 7 years coming up with posts that might be good or might be flops, he just has to put his ideas out there no matter the outcome LOL. So he gets the credit for the idea, and fortunately they turned out very good!

I guess my only tiny criticism is that the snickerdoodle mix is quite sweet and adding white chocolate makes it even sweeter - but hey, it's a cookie coated in sugar so adding more sugar really isn't a big deal. 




2.28.20: make your own dryer sponges



2.28.17: tip for how to clean the oven window glass


No comments:

Post a Comment