Friday, February 28, 2020

Dryer Sponges

I saw this idea on the Doterra website to make reusable dryer sponges instead of using store-bought dryer sheets. I figured what the heck, I'll try it - and it works (not sure why I made them if I was doubting it would work haha!). Our clothes are soft, static free, and smell good - can't ask for more than that from a dryer sponge. The original instructions say to keep the sponges in a glass container, I didn't have a glass container on hand (and didn't want to buy one in case this was a fail!) so I put mine in a rubbermaid container and so far it's working just fine - eventually maybe I'll upgrade to glass but for now the plastic holder is good. I didn't measure the essential oil drops and I only have 2 sponges (from the dollar store so this is a very inexpensive project), not sure why I'd need 5-10?

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup hot water
  • 1/2 cup white vinegar
  • 1/2 cup baking soda
  • 5-10 drops lavender oil
  • 5-10 sponges
Instructions:
1. Combine baking soda and hot water in a glass container with a lid and stir.
2. Add vinegar and mix, then ad lavender oil and stir again until all ingredients are combined. 
3. Fill container with sponge3s, trimming to fit if needed, and place lid on container.
4. To use, shake up container, remove one sponge, wring out slightly, and place in dryer with wet clothes.
5. After dryer cycle is done, place sponge back oil container and reseal with lid for future use. 




I'm not really sure why I thought I needed to show you the sponge in the dryer - so you'd believe I actually use the sponges? LOL!






No comments:

Post a Comment