Monday, February 24, 2020

St. Patrick's Day Flower Wreath

Not gonna lie and pretend this is something more or harder to make than it is - it's a Dollar Store craft and just about the easiest thing to make (once I figured out which glue to use that is!). No crafting skills needed at all!

I got everything from the dollar store other than the actual glue gun - they have glue sticks, the foam wreath, and lots of fake flowers that are mostly ugly on their own hahaha but pull the flowers off the stems and pack them around the wreath and they look so pretty! For this wreath I used 3 bunches of white carnations, 4 bunches of green gerbera daisies, and 2 bunches of green hydrangeas. Start by pulling all the flowers off their stems then decide your pattern. I did an outer ring of gerbera daisies, and an inside row of the white carnations, then filled in the center ring with hydrangeas and more white carnations until the foam base was completely covered.



To keep the flowers from falling out of the foam (true story - I started by dipping the ends into white glue and sticking them into the foam, after I did that all the way around and lifted the wreath up all the flowers fell out! Oops) so change of plan. What you want to do is poke the flower into the wreath, remove the flower and add a dab of hot glue in the hole you just made and reinsert the flower. No flowers fell out by doing it that way - there, I just saved you some time hahahah and now it truly is a very fast craft! Continue around until it's nice and full. I wrapped a pipe cleaner around the back so I can hang it.



I was going to stop there but it didn't say "St. Patty's Day" enough so I added a glitter foam shamrock hooked to green wire bent into a shamrock shape that I poked thru the foam. That way I can remove the shamrock and just have a pretty spring wreath after March 17th. You could just glue a decorative doodad thingy on the front, or hang it from a decorative ribbon - doesn't have to be exactly like I did it!






2.24.19: 🔥





No comments:

Post a Comment