Friday, February 14, 2020

Wine Glass Lamp Shade

Yep, made a paper shade that slips over a wine glass - and I'm loving this fun idea. Think I'll make a couple more and use them as table decorations for our 'Palentine's Day' dinner. Saw it somewhere, didn't think of it myself, can't remember where. Which also means I couldn't remember if there were directions so I winged it.


Cut a strip of paper long enough to wrap around the glass with some extra length to spare and wide enough to cover the glass leaving the stem uncovered, I started with paper 12" x 5". Trim one end dipping down slightly, trim the other to match (see photo) - it needs to be curved a bit to fit the glass.


Wrap around the glass and adjust to hang the way you want, I kept trimming off more and more to get it just right. Once you've got it, glue to hold - I used glue dots but any craft glue will work. Add a battery operated tea light to the glass and hang the shade over the top.





2.14.19: dark chocolate granola (copycat recipe)
2.14.18: dried cranberry and chocolate cookies
2.14.17: flower heart
2.14.16: tuna over nice (basically Nicoise salad)

No comments:

Post a Comment