Monday, February 3, 2020

Football Stadium Brownies


Did you see the football brownies that I made for Super Bowl yesterday? They look really cute but more importantly they tasted really good!  (hmmm, is that true? Is it more important they taste good, or look cute?). Baking brownies is always a crap shoot for me, I don't want them over-baked so I usually pull them out too early and the middle sinks. For whatever reason this time they were perfect! I used a box of dark chocolate brownie mix for a 13x9 pan and doctored it with a few add-ins -
I used 2 eggs, replaced the water with cooled coffee, added a pinch of coarse salt, a teaspoon of vanilla, and 1/2 bag of mini chocolate chips. Baked exactly 20 minutes, removed from oven and immediately covered with foil; let cool. They turned out moist and chocolatey, perfectly level with no sinking in the center, and the edges were not dry.




I frosted them with my standard buttercream, added a few white lines and a "50" at the center line; decorated with sprinkles in the end zone sort-of giving the look of people in stands, gummy bears for the players (how much time it took me to figure out positioning was ridiculous!), striped Hershey hugs for the refs.

Tip for making straight frosting lines - I laid a skewer down on the green frosting to make a slightly indented line, then traced over it with my white frosting in a decorator squeeze thing with a small round tip.

 To keep the sprinkles from going everywhere I put them in a funnel - put my finger over the bottom opening and then slowly lifted my finger and directed the sprinkles into the end areas I wanted them. Worked like a charm.


2.3.19: 🔥
2.3.18: football toss game
2.3.17: super bowl party
2.3.16: cookie bites

No comments:

Post a Comment