Saturday, February 3, 2018

Football Toss Game

Trying to come up with fun football games that we can play at our Super Bowl party - thought about corn hole (bean bag toss game) but then thought again since we (a) live in a condo without a yard and (b) have no room to play actual corn hole. How about indoor corn hole though?  They sell little tabletop versions but as usual I had a frugal and crafty moment of "I can make that"- and with some suggestions from my sissy we came up with this. Corn hole only has 1 hole that you attempt to throw bean bags thru, our version has 3 different size holes (you'll get different points depending on which hole you get the ball in) and I found little squishy footballs at the grocery store that we are going to throw.


I bought 2 pieces of white 20x30 foam core board at the craft store - I wanted to buy green board but it cost $7.50 per sheet, the white is 2/$4. So I went with white and bought 2 sheets of green poster board (.50 each) to cover up the white. The white lines are made of thin duct tape, I was going to number the lines like a football field but then decided it's fine without (plus I'm tired. Cutting out the holes took longer than I thought and I have other things to get done today!), if I get time before the party maybe I'll add some numbers...

To hold it up on an angle I hot glued white cardboard to the underside, then reinforced it with some more duct tape. I was worried that the cardboard prop underneath wouldn't be strong enough, but I just accidentally tested it by forgetting one was behind me and leaning back on it (!) and it held up. Good sign. Fingers crossed.

I put the tape stripes down first, then cut the holes out of the green paper.

cutting out the circles was a little time consuming - I found that cutting the inside of the circle into
wedges helped cut a cleaner circle. 

after cutting the holes out of the green paper, I lined it up with the white
foam core board and traced where the circles needed to be. Then cut out
the same circles from the white board. Attach the green cover with double sided tape

glue and tape a piece of white cardboard to the underside to prop up the back of the game and raise it off the floor.
Oh, and I covered the inside of the foam core holes with green tape because they looked a little jaggedy. 





two years ago: cookie bites

No comments:

Post a Comment