Thursday, February 8, 2018

Heart 'felt' Valentine Wishes

I made the first of these cards based on an idea in a craft book my sissy got me (apparently she thinks I need more ideas LOL!), then like usual it changed into something else after I started playing with it. The original one is a small red felt heart stitched with white thread onto a white notecard - really cute and very easy. I changed it a bit by using gray sparkly thread, and adding a piece of sequin ribbon.
For the other ones I used different color felt hearts and papers, and changed the stitching to up the middle only so both sides of the heart are left unattached and stand off the card a bit. For the sentiment - heart 'felt'  har har ;) -  I just typed the words in my word processing program (font is CAC pinafore), cut the strips out, and attached with sticky foam dimensionals or glue stick.




                
                                       to make a heart template - trace half of a heart on a folded piece of paper, then cut it out


to cut the heart out, fold over a piece of felt and hold the folded paper heart with both folds together.







I made a bigger one for Ronda's seasonal display table but since I haven't mailed it out yet she won't get it in time for it to be useful! For hers I folded a Stampin' Up paper doily in half and put it under one side of the felt heart. 



No comments:

Post a Comment